Commercial Waste Collections - FREE QUOTE

Hazardous Waste Collection Runcorn

Waste Management Runcorn are a UK based firm with expertise in hazardous waste collection as well as the safe disposal of WEE, substance, laboratory (lab smalls), dangerous (haz waste) and specific waste. In addition , we carry out important business documentation jobs including local waste management Company Enrollment (Assumption Code) if needed.

Do I need to register my premises?

Generally, if your premises or business makes or holds 500 kg or more of hazardous waste in one year, then under the Hazardous Waste Management Runcorn Regulations 2005, you may be asked to enrol. What this means is that even if the hazardous waste wasn’t produced at your site, you must still enrol. In case you have more than one premises in your business each website has to be separately filed and have their very own assumption code.

Under the Hazardous WMR Regulations 2005, it’s an offence to make or hold hazardous waste at premises, or remove that waste from premises, unless those premises are either filed with the Environment Agency or exempt. When we register your premises we give you a unique premises number called a ‘premises code’. This is valid for 12 months from the date of enrollment. The enrollment isn’t only a business enrollment. The regulations stipulate that every website that produces hazardous waste has to have a separate enrollment, although multiple websites could be registered on the same telling. Thus each website is going to have different unique registration number and need another fee.

The assumption code is expected to be revealed on the Risky WMR Consignment Note before any collections can go ahead. Hence any business who is not filed with the Environment Agency as a producer of waste (and creating more than 500kg per year, per website) CAn’t have their waste collected legally and is actually commiting an offence merely by producing the waste.

If hazardous waste is still produced or held at these premises following the 12 month period has lapsed, then the premises code has to be renewed.

After reading the above, you realise that you might want to be registered and you’d like Waste Management Runcorm to perform the WMR Company Enrolment on your behalf, then the subsequent information is required from you in order for us to execute your instruction:

  1. Full company name.
  2. Your Companies House registration number (for a limited company or PLC).
  3. Address and postcode of every premises to be registered.
  4. Contact name and number for the contact at the site premises.
  5. The business Standard Industry Code (SIC Code) for the primary task that produces waste.
  6. Amount of workers working at the premises for which notification is required.
  7. Proposed telling start date.

Once we have this advice, we’ll complete the waste producer enrollment for your business or premises with the Environment Agency and advise you of your new premises code, SIC Code and enrollment date. We’ll then track your enrollment and approximately 2 weeks before the annual renewal date, we’ll follow up along with a reminder for you to revive.

We’re confident that this service gives you, the customer peace of mind, knowing your business registration will probably be dealt with and not forgotten, leaving you liable to a big fine from the Environment Agency. This entire service is only forty pounds plus VAT per assumption, per year, which we consider to be very great value.

Call us today on 01928 450 160 for more info.

Free Quote for Waste Collection